|Being locally owned and managed, Mnarani Beach Cottages play an active role in the community. We have the privilege to be able to support the village in many different ways:|
- We oversee all the maintenance needs of the village pre-school kindergarten. We also occasionally invite the children to visit the hotel and share cultural songs and dancing with the guests.
- The Nungwi football team is funded by the hotel.
- We support students who are high academic achievers from Nungwi and neighboring villages.
- We created and are now maintaining a waste disposal system for the village, providing a cleaner environment for the inhabitants
- We have been co-operating with a neighboring village to install a fresh water system piped directly to the village. Previously the villagers have had to climb a dangerous path to collect drinking water.
Mnarani sponsored the URITHI cultural event at the Old Fort (Ngome Kongwe) in Stone Town, Zanzibar.
URITHI (Swahili phrase implying Cultural Heritage) is an annual event arranged by the Dhow Countries Music Academy of Zanzibar to celebrate and showcase the achievements of the Academic Year.
As part of the festivities, Mnarani's Managing Director, Nassor Maharouky, hosted a reception for the local arts and culture stakeholders which included local representatives from UNESCO, members of the diplomatic community as well as the Zanzibar Government. Other events as part of URITHI were a free live music concert at the historic Old Fort and the Open Day that hosted school children from various parts of Zanzibar.
DCMA has erected a plaque of the Mnarani Beach Cottages at its main concert hall to inform all visitors at the Academy of its generosity towards supporting their efforts to realize 'Development through the Arts'.